Make a lasting difference in the lives of those that Dravet Syndrome UK (DSUK) Support.
Dravet Syndrome UK (DSUK) is a small independent UK charity dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by Dravet Syndrome. The charity was founded in October 2008 by a small group of 30 families. Today, DSUK is a registered charity helping over 550 families with support, education, and research services, underpinned by a world-class Medical Advisory Board.
Head of Fundraising is a newly created senior role to enable DSUK to drive forward with the implementation of their five-year strategic plan. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation and help guide the next stage of their development, enabling them to make a positive difference in the lives of more people affected by Dravet Syndrome in the UK.
They are looking for a passionate, skilled, hands-on and collaborative colleague with significant experience in fundraising for non-profit organisations. You will need a proven track record of developing and implementing fundraising strategies and activities across various fundraising income streams, focusing on trusts and foundations, individual giving and major donors, corporate and events.
As a senior fundraiser in a small charity, you will drive the development and implementation of a fundraising programme to grow and diversify DSUK’s income, with a focus on developing new and sustainable channels of income. This role has a dotted-line responsibility for Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Manager.
As part of DS UK’s commitment to safeguarding, the postholder is expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
||Remote, with a requirement to travel to national meetings (approx. six times a year) and international conferences/events (approx. three times a year)
||24 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
||24 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays per annum FTE
Pension in keeping with statutory requirements.
What you will bring
- Demonstrable experience of working in a small team, with the ability to motivate and coach colleagues to work towards shared goals
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of trusts & foundations, with a proven track record of securing significant grants
- Proven experience in growing income through cultivating new major donors and/or corporate partnerships and achieving multi-year gifts or contracts
- Ability to deal with people at all levels with empathy, tact and credibility
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internally (colleagues, trustees, professional advisors) and externally (supporters, local and national organisations, corporates and high-value donors)
- Strong commitment to good governance and ethical practice in fundraising
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise
- Experience in using a CRM to maximise fundraising and engagement potential.
Why DS UK?
Join this dynamic and growing charity, where you’ll thrive in an exciting and engaging environment. As a highly regarded organisation with an excellent reputation, they already attract interest from external companies (especially in the healthcare/pharmaceutical sector) with potential to invest in their mission, and they are looking to expand their internal team to enable them to maximise opportunities.
They are proud to be a family-oriented charity experiencing financial growth and fuelled by an ambitious plan for expansion. Their dedicated team is deeply connected to their core audience, and their motivation stems from witnessing their profound impact on people’s lives. Working alongside inspiring families, you’ll see first-hand the incredible love and dedication they have. Join DSUK today and contribute to making a lasting difference in the lives of those they support.
Contact us if you have any questions about the role:
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Renu Gundala, email@example.com to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help make the application process work for you.