Make a lasting difference in the lives of those that Dravet Syndrome UK (DSUK) Support.
Dravet Syndrome UK (DSUK) is a small independent UK charity dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by Dravet Syndrome. The charity was founded in October 2008 by a small group of 30 families. Today, DSUK is a registered charity helping over 550 families with support, education, and research services, underpinned by a world-class Medical Advisory Board.
Being part of the Senior Leadership Team (reporting to the Director), this role has the overall responsibility for the development and implementation of DSUK’s marketing and communications strategy. The post holder will have a critical role in maintaining and developing DSUK’s reputation, promoting the charity and its services, raising awareness and understanding of Dravet Syndrome, including among diverse and hard-to-reach audiences and engaging DSUK supporters.
As a smaller charity with big ambitions, DSUK utilises technology and partnership working to maximise its reach to people impacted by Dravet Syndrome. This role is both strategic and operational and will work closely with the Director and wider DSUK team. This role has a dotted-line responsibility for the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Manager.
As part of DS UK’s commitment to safeguarding, the postholder is expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
||Remote, with a requirement to travel to national meetings (approx. six times a year) and international conferences/events (approx. three times a year)
||24 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
||24 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays per annum FTE
Pension in keeping with statutory requirements.
What you will bring
- Demonstrable experience of working in a small team, with the ability to motivate and coach colleagues to work towards shared goals
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies, as well as performing both operational and strategic duties in a similar role within the charity or healthcare or social-care sector
- Experience with one or more of the following groups: patients, patient advocacy groups, healthcare professionals, social care professionals and pharma
- Ability to deal with people at all levels with empathy, tact and credibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to distil large amounts of information and present it in engaging and innovative ways for a variety of audiences (including diverse and hard-to-reach audiences)
- Good understanding of brand, visual identity and corporate communication
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise
- Experience in utilising a CRM and/or CMS to maximise engagement potential and optimise online activity (including understanding of SEO).
Why DS UK?
Join this dynamic and growing charity, where you’ll thrive in an exciting and engaging environment. As a highly regarded organisation with an excellent reputation, they already attract interest from external companies (especially in the healthcare/pharmaceutical sector) with potential to invest in their mission, and they are looking to expand their internal team to enable them to maximise opportunities.
They are proud to be a family-oriented charity experiencing financial growth and fuelled by an ambitious plan for expansion. Their dedicated team is deeply connected to their core audience, and their motivation stems from witnessing their profound impact on people’s lives. Working alongside inspiring families, you’ll see first-hand the incredible love and dedication they have. Join DSUK today and contribute to making a lasting difference in the lives of those they support.
Contact us if you have any questions about the role:
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Renu Gundala, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help make the application process work for you.