I am an experienced charity leader and non-executive director who is now available for strategy, leadership, finance and governance consulting.
During my professional career, I have:
• Successfully completed two charity mergers/acquisitions
• Established and led a joint venture Community Interest Company, founded by five charities
• Led a transformation programme in a national federated charity
• Successfully delivered a £1 million Lottery-funded capital heritage restoration
• Consistently generated annual grant and contract funding for a local charity
I am a member of the Institute for Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Currently studying an MSc in Charity Accounting and Financial Management at the prestigious Bayes Business School, writing a dissertation on charity mergers and acquisitions.
Charity turnaround role, local older people’s charity with a £1.5m turnover
The charity was losing £10,000 per month, close to its minimum reserves, and reliant on grants and contracts that were all expiring within 12 months. Complete turnaround to become a successful and sustainable organisation.
Creation of a back office Community Interest joint venture, five local charities who became joint owners
Led the vision, direction and creation of the joint venture, handling all legal, governance, finance, and tax set-up decisions before taking an operational leadership role.
Old Coach House, Hillsborough Park, local older people’s charity
Raised £1 million, including a National Lottery Heritage Fund grant, to restore a derelict building and renovate two other buildings to provide a community cafe and older peoples’ activity centre.