This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to take on the role of Treasurer for Age UK London. The purpose of your role as a Treasurer is to lead the board in its oversight of their finances and offer financial guidance to the wider board and their CEO and Senior Management Team. They have a diverse board and warmly welcome first-time trustees and suitably qualified candidates who bring new perspectives.
- Oversee the financial affairs of Age UK London and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Oversee efficient record-keeping
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Review periodically the charity’s financial control procedures to ensure they are up to date and adequately protect the charity’s assets
- Lead the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee, working with the CEO and Finance Manager to set appropriate agendas, reporting to the board and ensure that action points are monitored and taken forward
- Cross check and approve payments from the charity’s bank account on a regular basis as a key part of the charity’s financial control procedures.
You will need to have:
- Certified accountancy qualification and experience of running audits
- Skills to analyse financial and non-financial information and approach matters strategically
- Ability to combine good independent judgement and team working within the board
- Ability to work in a supportive and collaborative way with the Chair, CEO and Finance Manager, being available to them as reasonably required by email or phone between board meetings
- A commitment to making London a better place for everyone to age, built on the principles of equality diversity and inclusion
- A willingness to understand and accept the duties, responsibilities and obligations associated with being a trustee of a charity, including attending appropriate training, especially if a first-time Treasurer
- It would be useful for applicants to have experience in one or more of the following roles: Trustee, Board Member, Committee Member, Treasurer, Accountant, Audit.
About Age UK London
Age UK London is a charity that campaigns for an age-friendly London. They have been working to promote the interests of older Londoners for over 20 years and support the network of London Age UK’s and other older people’s organisations across all 33 boroughs.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you. If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Marlijn Wijkhuizen, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
The closing date for applications is Monday 19th June 2023.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details before you make an application.
Applications should be made via the Hireful Platform (see details below).