Would you like to join the Senior Management team of a housing association that provides housing for families and single people in need in south-east London, where tenants take an active role in decision-making?
CHISEL Housing Association is a small, registered provider with a 40-year legacy as a tenant-led housing association that remains committed to the traditional roots and values of the original housing association movement.
The organisation’s 240 property portfolio consists of general social housing, houses in multiple-occupation (HMOs), self-built homes and properties managed by partner agencies with primary locations in south-east London, Brighton, and Colchester.
CHISEL are recruiting a Head of Finance and Operations to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis. This is a new role which will have an essential part to play in CHISEL’s transformation plan, which places its tenants at its heart.
Head of Finance and Operations
The Head of Finance and Operations is a key role, within a small housing association, with principal responsibilities for the effective management of the organisation’s financial planning, controls, reporting and systems, the housing management function and maintenance/facilities. The person will also be required to deputise for the Chief Executive.
The aim is to provide strategic oversight, ensure effective delivery of all operational functions, and provide accurate and timely financial and management reporting information with a focus on continuous improvement.
CHISEL are looking for people who are able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience, strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking skills, adept at identifying financial risks and developing strategies to manage and mitigate financial risks
- Experience and knowledge of statutory financial reporting and leading a Finance function alongside management of outsourced providers
- Proven experience of designing, implementing and managing all elements of corporate finance necessary for the efficient running of a registered housing association
- Strategic and operational housing management knowledge, and experience of the legal and regulatory requirements of social housing
- Significant experience as an effective leader, with the ability and willingness to provide hands-on support, to motivate, coach and encourage others to continuously improve their own abilities and the organisation’s potential using a broad range of performance tools and interventions
How to apply
Please ensure you read the candidate pack before you apply, as this will provide you with detailed information on the roles. Please submit your CV and a cover letter which should indicate why you are interested in applying for the Head of Finance and Operations role and how you meet the role requirements.
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Paul Venning, at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7 August, with shortlisting interviews with Eastside People taking place the week after that.
Interviews with Chisel will take place mid to end August.