Would you consider bringing your fundraising expertise to the board of the UK’s only charity dedicated to lymphoma?
About Lymphoma Action
Lymphoma Action is the UK’s only charity dedicated to lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, commonly referred to as a blood cancer, and the fifth most common cancer in the UK. More than 20,000 people are diagnosed every year and while the majority of people diagnosed with lymphoma will be over 55, lymphoma is also the most prevalent cancer among teenagers and young adults aged under 30.
Lymphoma Action is now seeking a fundraising specialist to join the board. You may be in a senior management role at another charity and you will have an in-depth knowledge of the voluntary sector and be able to provide fundraising insight to enable the Board to engage in an informed way. You will also sit on the charity’s Finance and Risk Committee to ensure that their financial monitoring and risk management is robust and fit for purpose.
Key accountabilities include the following:
- To ensure that Lymphoma Action complies with its governing documents and relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its purpose and objects.
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources responsibly and in pursuance of its objects.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in setting strategic direction for the organisation and evaluating performance.
- To ensure the financial stability and solvency of the organisation.
What you will bring, amongst others:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical ability and good independent judgement.
- Capacity for clear, creative and strategic thinking and vision.
- A willingness to speak your mind.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort as a trustee.
- A passionate enthusiasm for supporting those affected by lymphoma and a commitment to Lymphoma Action.
- Willingness to demonstrate Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
What you will get
This is a great opportunity for someone with senior fundraising experience looking to enhance their experience and skills. Becoming a trustee is a fascinating way to engage in the not-for-profit sector. It’s a role that will give back just as much as you put in and often much, much more. Trustees bring a wealth of personal and professional skills that they apply for the benefit of others, and they learn new skills that they can apply outside of their trusteeship.
Contact us if you have any questions about the role:
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Lucinda Shaw, email@example.com to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability, and potential; please contact Lucinda if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help make the application process work for you.
As an inclusive organisation we welcome applications from all sections of society, from those with the potential to make great trustees and from those that will help increase the diversity of thinking on our Board. We would particularly welcome applications from younger people, those with disabilities and people from minority groups, and from different backgrounds and experiences.