Would you like to be part of the current success of Wandsworth Oasis to grow and build a stronger presence in the HIV sector?
Our client Wandsworth Oasis, an HIV awareness, support, and prevention charity is looking for an Executive Assistant. In this new role, you will provide efficient and effective administrative support to the CEO to enable them to focus on the strategic aspects of their role.
- Providing confident and efficient support to the Chief Executive including diary and communication management and supporting Executive team meetings.
- Ensuring all Executive and/or external meetings are prepared with the relevant supporting documentation.
- Building effective and appropriate working relationships with employees, trustees, volunteers and external stakeholders connected with the work of Wandsworth Oasis.
- Ensuring new and existing Trustees have completed induction, annual appraisal and development opportunities appropriate to their role.
- Managing communication between the organisation, CEO and the Trustees and the wider organisation as required ensuring relevant and timely follow-up if needed.
- Supporting the CEO in the execution of projects.
What you will bring
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Experience working as an executive/personal assistant or as an administrator
- Demonstrable expertise in Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all levels
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain great working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Ability to manage complex priorities and processes and work closely with senior colleagues at Board and Executive level
- Ability to review and problem-solve
- Self-motivation and the ability to work flexibly, such that you will proactively seek out work and where you can help others.
What Wandsworth Oasis is looking for
This is a great opportunity for someone working as an executive/personal assistant or for someone working as an administrator looking for a step up. This is a new role at the charity and the CEO is keen to support the candidate in shaping this role based on their skills and expertise. Working with an inspirational and highly supportive CEO, you will have plenty of opportunities to contribute your skills and experience and learn new skills. You will play a key role in enabling the CEO to focus their time on strategic activities by taking away the time-consuming but essential administrative tasks.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 11 June 2023 at 10 pm with shortlisting interviews taking place the week after with Eastside People. Please submit your application in as soon as possible, however, as we will be assessing applications as they come through.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact Renu Gundala firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.
The final interview with Wandsworth Oasis will take place during w/c 26 June 2023.
About Wandsworth Oasis
Since its foundation in 1989, Wandsworth Oasis has provided support to – and challenged stigma towards – those living with HIV. Using revenue generated by their nine charity shops located in south London, as well as fundraiser events, they have given over £1 million in grants to HIV-related projects and organisations during the last ten years alone.
Location: Southwest London, SW17 9SH.
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 pa dependent on experience.
Contract Type: full time, permanent.
Benefits: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, hybrid working to suit individual, well-being support programme and pension.